About This BlogWelcome to Dispatches from the Stacks, a blog by the National Geographic Society Library and Archives. Pulled together by our library staff, this space aims to offer fellow librarians, archivists, book lovers, and National Geographic members a glimpse inside the collections of National Geographic. We will share some of the gems that can be found on our bookshelves, our archives, and in our web pages. Whether you’re interested in breaking news about a recent scientific discovery or discovering an old-fashioned adventure tale, like you, we think that good stories about the world — and everything in it – never get old. . . . More.
- RT @Maggie_lib: Love the new @NatGeo courtyard lights! #iworkatnatgeo https://t.co/bbZSkmy8t2 2 days ago
- 1938, Dr. William and Lucille Mann of @NationalZoo travelled to #Sumatra by #ship to #gather #animals for the #zoo.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @NatGeo: For the last 430 years, its 60 individual sheets were bound together as an atlas, but now they have finally been put together—d… 3 days ago
- Podcast Alert.... twitter.com/blprnt/status/… 3 days ago
- RT @LibraryJournal: Collections: Online Images From Harry Ransom Center (U. of Texas) & Univ. of Virginia Library Now Available via In… 3 days ago
Category Archives: Adventure Travel
The man with three dreams: going on expedition with Admiral Byrd, working for National Geographic, and climbing Everest…Listen to an excerpt. It’s climbing season on Mt. Everest, so let’s take a look back at one of the pioneers of that … Continue reading