About This BlogWelcome to Dispatches from the Stacks, a blog by the National Geographic Society Library and Archives. Pulled together by our library staff, this space aims to offer fellow librarians, archivists, book lovers, and National Geographic members a glimpse inside the collections of National Geographic. We will share some of the gems that can be found on our bookshelves, our archives, and in our web pages. Whether you’re interested in breaking news about a recent scientific discovery or discovering an old-fashioned adventure tale, like you, we think that good stories about the world — and everything in it – never get old. . . . More.
- Today marks the 49th anniversary of the Apollo 11 #MOONLanding, and here is a clip of the #NGS Hubbard Medal being… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- OTD in 1955, @Disneyland opened. A '63 @NatGeoMag story, which included "Animation: Mickey Mouse explains the art t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- The first important discovery at Olduvai, which Louis Leakey named "Zinjanthropus boisei," was uncovered by Mary Le… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @NatGeoExplorers: “Mars is not an option. There is no exit strategy for our planet," urged famed ocean explorer Bob Ballard at last mont… 1 week ago
- 1958-63: #NGS-#NPS Wetherill Mesa Project is a five year archaeological and restoration effort focused on the Anasa… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago