About This BlogWelcome to Dispatches from the Stacks, a blog by the National Geographic Society Library and Archives. Pulled together by our library staff, this space aims to offer fellow librarians, archivists, book lovers, and National Geographic members a glimpse inside the collections of National Geographic. We will share some of the gems that can be found on our bookshelves, our archives, and in our web pages. Whether you’re interested in breaking news about a recent scientific discovery or discovering an old-fashioned adventure tale, like you, we think that good stories about the world — and everything in it – never get old. . . . More.
- RT @NatGeo: Drinking more coffee could lower your risk of early death on.natgeo.com/2odiboN 6 hours ago
- RT @dpmckenzie: .@SmithsonianLab has had 18,000 teacher-made collections since launch in June 2016. Nice! @DarrenMilligan #DCHDC 6 hours ago
- Hey, globetrotting friends -- You should really enter this contest from @NatGeoTravel.... I know you have some fant… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- RT @MissionBlue: .@NatGeo is giving out $450,000 to those who have ideas for technology to enforce marine protected areas! Check out the la… 1 day ago
- RT @LOCMaps: Happy #PresidentsDay! #DYK George Washington was an accomplished surveyor and cartographer? He drew this manuscript map depic… 1 day ago