About This BlogWelcome to Dispatches from the Stacks, a blog by the National Geographic Society Library and Archives. Pulled together by our library staff, this space aims to offer fellow librarians, archivists, book lovers, and National Geographic members a glimpse inside the collections of National Geographic. We will share some of the gems that can be found on our bookshelves, our archives, and in our web pages. Whether you’re interested in breaking news about a recent scientific discovery or discovering an old-fashioned adventure tale, like you, we think that good stories about the world — and everything in it – never get old. . . . More.
- RT @NatGeoEducation: Get the story behind the first transatlantic balloon crossing, which took place #OTD 1978. on.natgeo.com/2vMRytp htt… 3 days ago
- RT @ShiftTheDigital: Reference: UPDATED: NASA Total Solar Eclipse Press Kit & Other Eclipse Resources Just Added: Roundup of Eclipse Apps h… 3 days ago
- RT @NiemanLab: News or opinion? Online, it’s hard to tell buff.ly/2w26UN6 4 days ago
- RT @Maggie_lib: Always interesting to see @NatGeo magazine covers from other countries...Here's Germany's cover story on lying, via @NatGeo… 5 days ago
- RT @AngeliGabriel: ONLY 6 MORE DAYS. Learn abt the #solareclipse w our latest vid. Producer: @JedWiner, Narrator: me! https://t.co/VmksnO58… 5 days ago